#NationalNonProfitDay is a day designated to recognizing the impact of the social sector, highlighting the importance of charitable organizations and to thank all the organizations, their staff and volunteers that dedicate their time and efforts to improving communities.
Here are 3 ways to support nonprofits today and every day.
1. Raise Awareness
Nonprofit organizations are most success when they have a larger audience. Help raise awareness and visibilities for your favorite nonprofits by spreading the word and educating peers and family about their mission, values and the community they support.
You can also raise awareness by attending or planning a fundraiser.
Financial donations are always helpful and is what comes to mind first, but donations can come in multiple forms. You can donate:
- Your time by volunteering
- Goods, supplies, materials that benefit their cause. Always ask what donations are needed.
- Monetary donations or sponsorships. You don’t always have to donate large amounts. Any amount makes a huge difference
- Using giveback programs like Amazon Smile.
3. Follow & Share on Social Media Platforms
Help increase their visibility. Following and sharing on social media platforms helps promote awareness, build communities and inspire action. You can share upcoming events, impacts and success stories, and educational materials all on your social media platforms.
Check out a few of our favorite nonprofits below!